Vivid Sydney will be starting soon and even though the event span out over 2 weeks, I want to ensure I make each visit to its fullest by bringing only the right equipments with me.
Since this is a night shooting, you will be playing with long exposures often and that means tripod will be a must. The equipments I will be carrying are:
- Nikon D90, my only DSLR.
- AF-S DX 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5, my kit lens as wide-angel.
- Full Size Tripod, a steady tripod good enough for 30 seconds exposure in landscape mode.
- IR remote shutter release
- Pocket torch, for seeing things or light painting
I try to keep light weight and bring only the essentials, If I decide to do street shootings, then that day I will be carrying 35mm f1.8G without tripod and 18-70mm. This way, you can stay agile and focus on taking photos and not busy changing lens.
Optional equipments I may consider to bring with me just for fun:
- Graduate ND filter, to play around with exposures.
- SB-800 Speedlight, for creative lighting.
- Glowing sticks, for light painting
And the non-camera related item that will come along with me:
- A comfortable backpack to put all my stuff except the tripod (since I’m not a fan of camera bag).
- Beanie, gloves and really warm jacket.
- Umbrella, better prepared than sorry.
- Snack, because you will go hungry for all night shooting.